You are here
Terms of Service
YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE COOS COUNTY WEB SITE
- Your use of the Coos Democrats' web services is subject to the terms of an agreement between you and the Coos County Democrats.
ACCEPTING THE TERMS
- In order to use the services, you must first agree to some terms. You may not use this services if you do not accept the terms. You can accept these terms by: (a) Clicking to accept or agree to the terms, where this option is made available in your “My Account” page, or (b) by actually using the services. In this case, you understand and agree that the Coos Democrats will treat your use of the services as acceptance of the terms from that point onwards.
- You may not use the services and may not accept the terms if (a) you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with the Coos County Democrats, or (b) you are a person barred from receiving the services under the laws of the United States.
- Before you continue, you should print or save a local copy of the the terms for your records.
CONTENT PARTICIPATION GROUND RULES
- You must be a registered voter in Coos County, Oregon. The VAN database will be used to check your registration status.
- You agree to participate with respect and honor our diversity. This means your posts cannot contain offensive language, abusive or derogatory characterizations, or personal attacks. All expressions of differences or conflicts must be done with respect for other points of view.
- You agree not to use this site for commercial purposes or commercial endorsements.
- The Coos County Democrats' site administrator will, at her or his sole discretion, remove any violating content.
PROVISION OF THE SERVICES
- You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the services may change from time to time without prior notice to you.
- The Coos Democrats may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the services (or any features within the services) to you or to users generally at the Coos County Democrats’s sole discretion, without prior notice to you. You may stop using the services at any time without notification.
- You acknowledge and agree that if the Coos County Democrats disable access to your account, you may be prevented from accessing the services, your account details or any files or other content which is contained in your account.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Coos County Democrats may set limits on the size and frequency of site postings. This limit may be set at any time at the Coos County Democrats' discretion.
USE OF THE SERVICES BY YOU
- In order to access certain services, you may be required to provide and maintain information about yourself (such as identification or contact details) as part of the registration process for the service, or as part of your continued use of the services. You agree that any registration information you give will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
- You agree to use the services only for purposes that are permitted by (a) the these term and (b) any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions (including any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States).
- You agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by the Coos County Democrats, unless you have been specifically allowed to do so. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the services through any automated means (including use of scripts or web crawlers) and shall ensure that you comply with the instructions set out in any robots.txt file present on the Coos County Democrats' web server.
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the services).
YOUR PASSWORDS AND ACCOUNT SECURITY
- Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
- If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify the Coos County Democrats immediately at email@example.com.
PRIVACY AND YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You agree to the use of your data in accordance with the Coos County Democrats’ privacy policies.
- You understand that all information (such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images) which you may have access to as part of, or through your use of, the services are the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated.
- The Coos County Democrats reserves the right (but shall have no obligation) to pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, refuse or remove any or all content from any service.
- You understand that by using the services you may be exposed to content that you may find offensive or objectionable and that, in this respect, you use the services at your own risk. You may, however, report offensive or abusive content at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Coos County Democrats will, at their own discretion and for the good of public discourse, correct abuses of civil conduct. You agree that you are solely responsible for any content that you create, transmit, or display while using the services and you are responsible for the consequences of your actions by doing so.
ENDING YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE WEB SITE
- The terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or the Coos County Democrats as set out below.
- If you want to terminate your participation in this agreement , you may do so by emailing email@example.com. Upon receiving your email request your site account will be closed.
- The Coos County Democrats may at any time, terminate its agreement with you if: (a)You have breached any provision of the terms (or have acted in manner which clearly shows that you do not intend to, or are unable to comply with the provisions of the terms); or (b)The Coos County Democrats are required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the services to you is, or becomes, unlawful); or (c)The provision of the services is not longer provided by the Coos County Democrats
- There are no warranties. You expressly understand and agree that your use of the services is at your sole risk and that the services are provided “as is” and “as available.”
- The services may include hyperlinks to other web sites or content or resources. You acknowledge and agree that the Coos Democrats are not responsible for the availability or content of any such external sites or resources.
CHANGES TO THE TERMS
- The Coos County Democrats may make changes to these terms from time to time. When these changes are made, the Coos County Democrats will make a new copy of the terms available http://coos.oregondemocrats.org/terms_service.
- You understand and agree that if you use the services after the date on which the terms or have changed, the Coos Democrats will treat your use as acceptance of the updated terms.
- You agree that the Coos County Democrats may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the terms, by email, regular mail, or postings on the services.